Sunday, January 18, 2015

189. Selected Short Stories : Herman Melville.



Today, I finished reading a book called 'Selected Short Stories : Herman Melville'.  The stories were very interesting and nice.  The stories inside the book were written by a famous author named Herman Melville.  In this book, there were stories like, 'Jimmy Rose', 'The Apple - Tree Table', 'The Lightning - Rod Man', 'The Happy failure', 'Bartleby' and 'I and my chimney'.  The story which I liked was 'The happy failure'.  I hope you also enjoyed the book.

                                         


The story that I liked the best was :

The happy failure :

I liked this story very much.  In this book, a man invents a box - like thing.  But his invention refuses to work.  He tries again and again.  Then also, it refuses to work.  Then, after some time, the man loses patience and hope.  He angrily took the invention in his hand, threw it and broke it.  I liked this nice story very much.

                                          

***********************************

                                   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment