Tuesday, April 25, 2017

306. Best Translator Award.




Today, 25.4.2017, was an amazing day.  Today, I was going to get the State Award for Best Translator  for the year 2016 from the CM, Edappadi K Pazhaniswamy!!  Yesterday, many of my father’s friends called and wished me.  At 8:00 am today, we reached Tamil Valarchi Iyakkagam in Egmore.  I was wearing a green lehanga.  There, we waited for sometime.  There were 10 of us who were getting the Best Translator Award, and I was the youngest of them all.

After sometime, the people in Tamil Valarchi Iyakkagam themselves took the 10 of us and our families to the Secretariat, where we will be receiving our awards.  They told that only the people who were getting the awards should go inside the room.  The others, that is, our families, should wait outside.  Inside the room, they made us sit in order.  I was sitting beside Uma Balu aunty, who translated an English book, which is the biography of Steve Jobs into Tamil.  We became friends and took photos.

Then, we had a practice session, of how we will receive the award for the CM.  Then we again went into the room.  After sometime, they called us for the real award distribution.  I was a little nervous.  I was not VERY nervous, because I did not need to make a speech in front of the people, as there was very less time and a lot of awards to give out.  When my turn came, I greeted the CM and he put a green colored shawl around me.  Then he gave me my award.  There was also a cheque of 1 lakh rupees!!  It was inside a leather pouch, which was stuck to the front of the award with cellotape.  It also had a small photo of Dr. J. Jayalalitha.

When I came out of the hall, all the people, half of whom I don’t even know, came and wished me.  They told that to do something difficult like translating books in my age (12 years) was because of God’s blessing.  Then, I came out of the building and again went back to Tamil Valarchi Iyakkagam.

We had lunch.  My father told that, as I did not have a bank account of my own, the 1 lakh rupees cheque has to be changed to my mother’s name (which was already in my name) in order to put it in her account.  When we were waiting for the new cheque, the award function came in the news in Jaya Plus channel for two times.  As soon as we got the cheque, we came home.  It was a wonderful experience today, and I will write more books and get more awards like this.

                                   



                                                             ******************************

No comments:

Post a Comment