Friday, April 28, 2017

307. Trip to Ooty - Part 1.



17.04.2017 (Monday) was an exciting day.  It was the day on which we were going to go OOTY!  I had never been there before.  For going there, I had purchased a nice blue – colored jerkin.  I also wanted to buy a blue cut – shoe, but the shop was closed every time I went there.  I love the color blue, that’s why I am buying everything in blue. 

We boarded the KPN bus that went to Ooty at 9:00pm.  It was very hot.  A few minutes after boarding the bus, I slept off, and I got up only the next morning at 7:30am. 

When I climbed down the bus, it felt very cold, unlike the scorching heat in Chennai.  An auto came to pick us up and we went to our hotel, Haveli Atithi Bhavan.  Then I brushed my teeth, took bath in hot water, dressed up and went down to the hotel.  There, I drank only coffee.

After sometime, our driver, who was a malayalee (like us), took us to the different places in Ooty.

At first, we went to the Pine Forest.  It was a very nice experience there.  There were many tourists.  It was a very slope - y place.  I was scared whether I’d fall down.  We took many pictures.  There was also a lake, but it was small.  We went horse – riding.  It was very nice there.

Then we went to Pykara lake and Pykara dam.  There were sheep and dogs and horses there.

The path we were travelling by car was a forest.  There was a road in the middle.  Then, we went to another dam.  We went by an eight - seater jeep.  It was very nice.

We ate lunch and then we came to Dodda Betta.  We ate ice - creams.  But it started to rain there.  We went to the Tea Factory.  We saw how tea is manufactured.  It was fascinating.  There were many kinds of tea, including white tea and chocolate tea!  I did not know this.  Then, we went to the chocolate factory.  But, there was no place where chocolate was made.  Only a shop.  We bought truffles and plain chocolate.  The truffles were yummy.  So I bought another packet, but finished that also on the same day.


But, it started to rain a little heavily after that.  So, we came back to the hotel.  Thus, our first day in Ooty was over.

                                           


********************************

No comments:

Post a Comment