Wednesday, November 27, 2013

83.Kathai kambalam - Part V


               
The sea turtle’s house was in a slanting way.  That place was dirty with black colored dirty things.  That sea turtle was the oldest in the sea and it makes freaking noises like “sss… kkk… sss…” 
Kubuk shook the sea turtles nose saying, “Turtle grandpa, turtle grandpa!  Wake up!”
The sea turtle said in a weak voice, “Say what is the matter.”
Kubuk, “Grandpa, l’m here.  Thippi’s son.”
The sea turtle said without opening its eyes, “l saw when you came itself.”
Kubuk asked, “You don’t even open your.  Then how will you see?”  
The sea turtle said, “It had become ten years when my both eyes stuck.  But also no damage in that.  I can see everything with my eyes closed.  I can go anywhere outside as I have leg pain.  Your father is my friend, you know?”
Kubuk asked to the sea turtle, “Turtle grandpa, do you know anything about dream?”
The sea turtle asked, “What are you blabbering like human beings?  Did you go at the side of the sea?”   
Kubuk said, “No, grandpa.  Do you know anything about dream or not?”
The sea turtle said, “It is like known also.  It is like unknown also.  Is the dream coming to catch you and eat you?”
Kubuk said, “No, grandpa.  Dream is a thing.  I don’t know how to say the meaning.  Dream means dream only.”
The sea turtle said frightened, “You are speaking just like human beings.  First say to your mother to buy good medicines to cure this habit or you will loose your intelligence.”
Kubuk said, “Oh, grandpa!  You cannot understand what l’m saying.  Now you’re closing your eyes and seeing, aren’t you?  Like that, when we close our eyes, we can see it.  When we open our eyes, we cannot see it.”
The sea turtle said, “How can it go?  Now if I open my eyes, you will be there, won’t you?”
Kubuk asked, “lf l and this sea vanishes, how will it be?”
“Oh, my god!  Don’t talk about that.  l’m very scared.  I cannot think myself if this sea vanishes.  Your intelligence has damaged by hurting it when you hit some where.  That’s why you are blabbering some thing” , the sea turtle said shivering.   
                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment